Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Canon 1014 camera

  1. #1
    Inactive Member David17's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 9th, 2000
    Posts
    69
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    I have just bought a Canon 1014 auto zoom camera. I have paid $75 for it. It has a 7-70mm zoom lens. I have checked, and everything works fine and the lens is clean. I thought that the price was a littlebit on the high side, it was my last pocket money... Or was this just a bargain price? Is this a good camera?

    The camera has many buttons. Many of them speak for themselves, but some don't. Does anybody know where I can download an online manual?

    Thanks!
    David

  2. #2
    Inactive Member cameraguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 28th, 2001
    Posts
    831
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    $75 is a steal for a good working unit, normally it would sell for $200-$350. For the manual try <8mm.filmshooting.com>

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Hanthx's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 27th, 2000
    Posts
    420
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    David

    I say you have got yourself a great camera, for real cheap but...have a professional check it out, and make sure the internal components are in good standing. Good job!

    Scott


    I once saw a pristine 814e, with all original accessories that came with the package, sell for... a whopping 50 bucks.
    Shucks

  4. #4
    Inactive Member ulrichsd's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 23rd, 2001
    Posts
    149
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    check out this previously discussed topic. It has a reply that has the link listed with the complete manual online.

    $75 dollars is a great deal, I think. I paid $255 for mine on e-bay, and I've seen them go for over $400 there.

    Later,
    Scott Ulrich

  5. #5
    Inactive Member ulrichsd's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 23rd, 2001
    Posts
    149
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Red face

    oops, here is the prvious thread... http://www.hostboard.com/ubb/Forum239/HTML/000715.html

    scott

  6. #6
    Inactive Member tom hardwick's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 1999
    Posts
    144
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    You've got yourself a real bargain there David, especially if it's a clean good camera. There's been lots written about the 1014E on this site and no wonder, it's an outstandingly versatile camera. Go search.

    Look carefully over the camera - do the fixing screws look unmolested? Is the zoom silky smooth to your twist? Does the camera run sweetly at all speeds and are the many battery terminals uncorroded? If so, you've bought well.

    Get a 58mm diameter skylight filter to protect that georgeous front element and set up the viewfinder's split image carefully. It'll reward you with some of the finest quality footage around.

    tom.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Hanthx's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 27th, 2000
    Posts
    420
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Lightbulb

    Qucik question, is the 1014e a noisy camera like the 814's (autozoom and electronic)??
    Thanks

    Scott

  8. #8
    Inactive Member tom hardwick's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 1999
    Posts
    144
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Sure is. How they could ever call this a "silent" camera is beyond me.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member tom hardwick's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 1999
    Posts
    144
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Oh, and at 60fps it positively screams.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member David17's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 9th, 2000
    Posts
    69
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks a lot for all the great info! It's highly appreciated! I have just screened a film that I made with it, and everything looks fabulous! I'm very happy with this camera!!

    David

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •